Friday, March 19, 2010

Plant Science, Weeds and Inspiration

Today I enjoyed another five hours with Becky McCann and the wonderful world of plants. We talked about adaptations that plants make.Here's my favorite one and GASP! I know where you can buy your very own. This is a Lithops plant...or pebble plant... or living stone. If you would like one of your very own visit Mary, at Bensell's Greenhouse on Dorr.
I spent an hour weeding outside...hundreds of this little beauty.... shepherd's purse.
Apparently this is my new weed of the season. Curious how we covered it in our weed identification portion of class today.
Gardening inspiration for the day... the Crack Garden in San Francisco.... see how far $500 can go.
On the other end of the spectrum check out these vertical gardens.
So that's all for today lots and lots of plant knowledge accumulated. Fed the girlies, did the laundry and now for a well deserved rest.

0 comments: